To productivity on my day off! #gellyroll #doodle #butts
I’ve spent 5 hours working on the web comic (planning, drawing, research, etc), watching youtube videos, and going through the tag for the city I live in the ‘burbs of. I’m so glad I took a few days off to relax a little. Rushing to finish at MCC and work and all the family stuff was/is exhausting. I only really have 2 days left, which I need to get laundry, cleaning, and bike shopping in there too. But hey, I’ll take the time I have before trying to get ALL THE HOURS at work… which will only be 28 so I’ll still be able to draw (fingers crossed I get long shifts 4 days a week instead of shorter ones 5).
TL;DR- My brain is mush but I am still productive.
Nerds Rejoice! J.K. Rowling posted an article on Pottermore about 34 year old, greying Harry Potter and It’s the best day ever. We all grew up reading about the boy who lived, and it’s great when his universe continues to enrich our lives!!
I promise by next 4th of July I won’t be too scared to draw in front of boyfriend’s family. They are gonna be my family too, I need to get used to them.
Oh, snap! I’m done with my comics for class. You know what that means? I’m done with classes for the summer! As overwhelming as it was, I’m glad I took these classes. Not only is art history out of the way, but thanks to Franz and his class I’m planning and plotting a web comic, based on an idea I’ve had for quite a while.
I’m so much happier, art wise, and it’s the greatest feeling. So much inspiration for all types of projects, I’m so excited!
Favourite fictional creature. <3 <3 <3
Lettering practice for comics class
I made it a vector and put it on stuff Here
Planning on getting postcards or a notebook for myself eventually. And I get a little bit for royalties, which would be super helpful.
powderblue22 Not too many, maybe a dozen pages. Drying pretty fast so I should be able to draw more in it soon. It’s a smaller 5.5”x8.5” sketchbook so there isn’t anything finished in it.
Aftermath of tragedy. Spilled my inkwell all over the table… and some of my sketchbook.
Eventually I will be more confident in my lines as I draw. Me thinks life drawings in ink will help my progress along.
I was organizing all the graphic novels I’d like in a wishlist on Amazon, and the Buffy Library editions had the option to add them to a baby registry. Proof that I need to raise my kids with buffy, just like my dad did with me.
Comics and animations, that’s all I want in life… that and pizza
- Not burning out would be a good idea (thank you, powderblue22 for pointing that out)
- Something has happened every day for the last week to remind me of/miss playing music. High school Sarah played all the instruments, what happened? My bassoon, sax, trumpet, and oboe specifically. (Plus my flute is old, french horn is hard, and clarient is basically a wooden saxophone. ) It’s been almost 3 years since I played my instruments.
- I am gonna make myself stuff with my “butts” on it. I want a “butts” notebook
- I will be 21 in less than 3 weeks and get to see Fall Out Boy in less than 2 weeks.
- I’ve posted a lot today. Let’s not get used to it.